Bioxodes SA ("Bioxodes", "we", "us", "our") is a company incorporated under Belgian law with Head Offices located at 1, Rue Santos-Dumont, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium and is the data controller of your personal data.
As Data Controller responsible for processing of personal data, Bioxodes undertakes to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation No. EU 2016/679 ("GDPR") and with all laws and regulations in force on Data Protection.
We respect your privacy, and we are committed to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal data that you provide to us or that we collect about you when you use our website www.bioxodes.com ("website"), or when you otherwise interact with us. We are aware of our responsibilities to protect your personal data, to keep it secure and comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
You are informed of the terms of this Privacy Notice when using our website, submitting your resumes, or otherwise corresponding with us via the website, emails or otherwise where required under applicable law.
Types of personal data we collect
Information you provide to us:
We collect personal data you provide directly to us.
This generally includes:
- your full name and professional contact information (email, address, telephone number...), etc;
- job-search related information that generally includes educational and employment background, as well as your picture when attached to your resume; and
- any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
Information collected automatically when you use our website:
- Technical data: e.g. cookies may store in certain circumstances personal data which may include: IP addresses, browser type, location, operating system,… For more information, please consult our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data: aggregate statistical data (e.g. Company page on LinkedIn, Twitter)
On our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States ("Google").
Google analyzes your use of our website on our behalf. The information collected by Google in connection with your use of our website (e.g. the referring URL, our webpages visited by you, your browser type, your language settings, your operating system, your screen resolution) will be transmitted to a server of Google in the US, where it will be stored and analyzed. The respective results will then be made available to us in anonymized form. Your usage data will not be connected to your full IP address during this process.
Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal data where we have a legal basis for such collection and processing. We rely on a number of legal bases, including:
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our website and services and keeping them safe and secure;
- your consent to the processing of your personal data, which you can revoke at any time;
- where the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of any sort of contract to which you are a party to or which applies to you, such as General Terms and Conditions, Service Agreement, License Agreement, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, etc...; and
- where the processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
Purposes of processing your personal data
We may use the personal data that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to our website and services' terms, conditions, or policies;
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our website and services and customize your user experience;
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities or to comply with regulatory requirements or applicable law; and
- to allow you to apply for an open position within Bioxodes through our website.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal data that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
Recipients of your personal data
We may share your personal data:
- with any and all of Bioxodes’ employees or consultants who need access to such information in order to carry out work or provide services on our behalf, whether in the framework of any sort of agreement between you and us or discussions related thereto;
- with any law enforcement, courts, Government or regulatory bodies (in whatever jurisdiction), or otherwise in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, court order or legal process;
- with our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- in the case of any mergers or acquisitions; and
- otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
Retention of personal data
To the extent required by law, we take reasonable steps to destroy, or de-identify or redact, personal data in a secure manner when we no longer need it for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out in this Privacy Notice).
The retention period of your personal data will depend on the purposes for which we process such data, as explained below:
- Customer Support: We will process your data for the time necessary to meet your request or application.
- Technical data: See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data: Statistical information are stored by LinkedIn and Twitter, and consequently subject to their retention policy. We may export statistical reports, but we guarantee that this is only in an anonymous form.
Our commitment to data security
Bioxodes takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, including measures to protect Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data.
Third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, apps, content, services or resources on the internet which are operated by third parties. If you access other websites, apps, content, services or resources using the links provided, please be aware they may have their own privacy notice/policy.
According to the GDPR, you are entitled to the following rights: right of access to the personal data we hold about you, right of rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict data processing, right to object against profiling and your personal right to data portability. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving our communications such as newsletter, or more generally to our processing of your personal data. To make these requests, or if you have any questions or complaints about how we handle your personal data, or would like us to update the data we maintain about you and your preferences, please contact us at email@example.com with the following email subject: “Personal Data Protection”.
Any comments, inquiries, requests and complaints with respect to the processing of personal data described in this Privacy Notice can be addressed to the attention of Bioxodes’ DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage you to contact us first if you have concerns about how Bioxodes has handled your data. However, you have the right to lodge a complaint about Bioxodes’ processing of your personal data with a Data Protection Supervisory Authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your residence, place of work or of an alleged infringement of data protection law. The contact details of Data Protection Supervisory Authorities can be found following the link: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on our website so that you are always informed of the way we collect and use your personal data, and we encourage you to review this Privacy Notice whenever you access our website or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your personal data. Updated versions of this Privacy Notice will include the date of the revision at the end of this Privacy Notice so that you are able to check when the Privacy Notice was last amended. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective upon posting of the revised Privacy Notice on our website. Use of the website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Privacy Notice then in effect.
This Privacy Notice is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium.